Snipets


Monday, November 10, 2008

SAY IT AGAIN SISTAH KITTEN (textscriptz instant replay)

Hello Family,

Greetings from LYLAS 4 Life Ministries, "A modern day ministry, delivering the word of God through technology to unite, empower, and uplift sistahs in Christ." In addition to your weekly TextScriptz, I send you God's love, peace, and blessings. May God bless you and your family today and always.

As you know, a historic event occurred in the United States of America this past week, as the First African-American, Barack Obama was elected to serve as the President for the next four years. Many voices cried out for change and many people came out to vote for the person who they felt would represent the change that we need as a nation. Prior to the election I noticed change happening on a local, or should I say a more personal level. Many people in my life including myself have had change occur in their lives. These changes have included newly formed marriages, pregnancies, the births of new children, relocating from one residency to another, the blending of families, a switch in job titles and responsibilities, enrolling in school, lay-offs, break-ups, diagnosis of cancer, healing of cancer, bankruptcy, switching churches, and starting up new businesses.

For many of the changes I mentioned above there was prayer that preceded it. However, I guarantee you that most of the prayer requests did not specifically ask for the major changes that came with that answered prayer. I was talking to a good friend a few weeks ago, who has been praying for change in her life as it refers to her housing situation. At the time of our conversation she was facing a lay-off or possible relocation in order to keep her job. I tried to encourage my sistah-girl to keep the faith and to remember that God is still in control and knows what is best for us. As we were talking, it hit me, “we ask for change, but we are not willing to adapt when God sets us up for the change.” Think about it, asking for change but wanting things to stay the same is a major contradiction. The reality is with change comes the need for adaptation.

As we know from years of experience, change is inevitable. The change in our body as we grow year after year is a great example of the inevitable change that I am speaking about. The bible tells us that there is a time for everything, so Family I just come today encouraging us to be open to the change that is to come in the days ahead. Let us EMBRACE CHANGE for there is “a time to embrace and a time to refrain” (Ecclesiastes 3:5b). Now is the time to adapt to change and openly accept it.

Loving Like a Sistah (LYLAS),
Keisha “Kitten” Isaacs
www.lylas4life.org
www.myspace.com/lylas_4_life

P.S.
GOT GOD? If you do not know God on a personal level this prayer can start your walk with him today…….
God, I am a sinner and I know I do not deserve your grace or mercy. Still, I trust you and I believe that you sent your son to earth and that he died and rose again for my sins. I thank you Lord for the personal gift of salvation. Amen.

10 comments:

Jazzy said...

I can't say that I ask for change, but I do welcome it. Being stagnant for too long, makes me antsy.

Ticia said...

Hey girly!!! How are you?
Chicago was on fire last week - loves it all!

Darius T. Williams said...

AMEN!

Now - I went to church yesterday. They sang some song that spoke directly to me. I was snotting and crying and carrying on...whew - it was NOT a pretty site for me. I guess it's been a while since I've really thanked God for being a constant in my life.

I think I'm going to join too AND I think I found my ministry...teaching Spanish to a group of members going to do missions work. No puedo esperar!

CHA CHA said...

Im still dancing around with my drink and my two step!..good post sister girl!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

This is true history, but its on us now and to have his back we need to be critical and supportive, Obama has yet to deal with the structrual concerns of our economy in his proposals on the campaign trail , nor has Paulson or Bernake, we all just a Pay check away from a pink slip

Mizrepresent said...

I loved this the first time i got it in email form. Well said sistah.

Emeka Amakeze said...

What you are doing is not easy but i pray God to continue to give you all the strenght that you will ever need. http://streamsong.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I every time spent my half an hour to read this webpage's content all the time along with
a cup of coffee.

Feel free to visit my blog post; somatodrol funciona
- -

yanmaneee said...

michael jordan shoes
nike kd 11
nike air max 270
supreme new york
nike shoes
golden goose
bape hoodie
kobe 9
golden goose
michael kors handbags

stesle said...

replica bags prada content t5j48u9s58 replica bags sydney replica bags nancy click reference o1n77h6w43 zeal replica bags advice j4o13s0q83 gucci replica bags replica zara bags