Snipets


Monday, November 24, 2008

The Homeless Fed Me!

Yesterday I had the opportunity to feed about 40 homeless men and women with the single's ministry at my church. I have always talked about doing this and God gave me a chance to serve those who are homeless on 11/23/2008. My role was to be a “server” for my table, by making sure they had their food, drinks, dessert and whatever else they needed while with us. I only ended up with one person sitting at my table, but I helped serve two other tables as well.

I could feel the presence of the Lord in the place. I was truly blessed to be there and inspired by the spirit of perseverance that lives inside of our special guest. One of the ministries at my church goes out 3 times a week to feed the homeless on Wacker Drive in Chicago and after last night I am challenged to join in with feeding the homeless……because while we fed them they fed us!

10 comments:

The Dreamy One said...

Good job mami. Happy that you were given the opportunity to give back to the less fortunate!!!

Happy Monday!!

Ticia said...

We have a great church don't we -
Last Thurs Pastor Hannah - gave envelopes stuffed with various amounts to give to needy people -

Let me know of the next time you all do service - I would love to come

CHA CHA said...

Your such a blessing...Im sure God is pleased!

Darius T. Williams said...

Good deal!

Jazzy said...

Good for you!! Giving back feels great doesn't it?!

Mizrepresent said...

That's a beautiful thing...i am also going to challenge myself to do more!

Rich Fitzgerald said...

I keep saying i'm going to do that. I think I'll have to find me a spot to serve in for the holidays.

Keisha "Kitten" Isaacs said...

@Dreamy-I'm happy I had an opportunity as well....

@Ticia-Yes we do! I love it and I'm so glad that I went to NLC in faith.

@Poca-Thank you sistah

@Darius-Yes it was! You should cook one of your special meals and give to some homeless people.

@Diva-Yes it feels great..especially when you know there is a need.

@Miz-Let's go it!

@Rich-Go for it Bro...there is truly a need.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Do you guys watch movies in theater or on internet? I use to rent DVD movies from [b]Bigflix.com[/b]. Recently I discovered that we can watch all new movies on internet on day, they are released. So why should I spend money on renting movies??? So, can you guys please tell me where I can [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]watch latest movie Furry Vengeance 2010[/url] for free?? I have searched [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Youtube.com[/url], [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Dailymotion.com[/url], [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Megavideo.com[/url] but, Could not find a good working link. If you know any working link please share it with me.


Thanks

Alan said...

There's no doubt, the dude is absolutely right.
nice page | nice page | 5