Snipets


Tuesday, October 7, 2008

UPDATE on: TOO many teachers for the Chalkboard


Thank God class was much better last night. The teacher implemented two new rules which are pretty basic and what you would think is common sense. Raise your hand before speaking and make your point in 1 minute or less. He only had to remind one of the other “teachers” one time to stick to the rules. However, when we were going over a group assignment one of the extra “teachers” took that as an opportunity for an unwarranted debate. My real teacher did a great job of shutting that down especially since that was not the purpose of the group assignment. Please Lord will you continue to bring order to the class and humble each of us as students.

We had a midterm and guess what your girl got. I had 23 out of 25 questions right on the midterm! That’s great right? How about we were told that it won’t count towards our grade????? I’ll just look at it like this way, now we know his testing style which can help us study for the final exam. All and all I’m still happy to be digging deeper into the word of God and proud to be a student in a classroom again.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't sound like a good situation. Especially when some can already be confused about the Word. If one teacher has a problem, maybe they should approach the other teacher or student after class. That way it won't hinder the flow.

Thanks for your words on my post about forgiveness=)

Miss Mika said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA students!

hehehehe :)

It is cool when a teacher can command respect from his or her students without it seeming like they are on some super duper educational power trip.

I can't stand when students want to act like they know more than the teacher though. That is why you are the student and NOT the teacher!

Darius T. Williams said...

Um, sooo - I'm glad the teacher got this situation under control. I'd have been upset tho if it didn't count towards the final grade. I don't play those types of surprises.

Jazzy said...

how in the world does the midterm not count towards your final grade???? me and that teacher would have beef!

Glad to hear the teacher shut those chatty kathy know-it-all's down. probably annoys her just as much as it annoys you (and me too)!

Miss Snarky Pants said...

Glad to read a plan was put in place in order to get/keep things under control.

23 out of 25 [did you say???]

Oh yeah...that's DEFINITELY a good look! :-)

Keith said...

You Go Girl..Glad to hear that all is going well for you in your class. I've had a few classes with
more than one "teacher" too-lololol.
You just have to perservere and deal with them the best you can,short of doing the un christian
thing and asking (rather firmly) that they shut up.-lolololol.You're too nice a person to do something like that (smile)
Me too. (Not)-lololol..Have a wonderful day Sister Kitten.

Keisha "Kitten" Isaacs said...

@Jewells-It's not a good situation, but I truly believe God is working it out..I just gotta have patience. You're welcome...and again thanks for sharing that post.

@Sis Mika-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Students!! You betta know it...:)

@Darius-I knew you would say that about the midterm! lol

@Sistah Diva-I knew you would say that about the midterm too! lol

@Ms Behaving-I had to send the teacher an email and thank him for getting it under contol. It truly made a difference this week.

@Brother Keith-You know what's funny I had my mind made that I would say something as kind as I could if things didn't appear to be getting better. lol

CHA CHA said...

you GO GIRL...SKY'S THE LIMIT!! !

i.can't.complain. said...

hey ms k.k.i.

congrats on that A, girlfriend.

and im glad ms-know-it-all got shut down

aint nobody impressed with her tail...

-1-

Anonymous said...

ok so now ...im pissed for you. Im in school too and to take a midterm...get a wonderful grade...and to be told it wont count....



oh hell naw sista, they gon count that!!!! Keep your head up girl, your final will be better.

thanks for the love!