Snipets


Monday, October 27, 2008

SAY IT AGAIN SISTAH KITTEN (Textscriptz Instant Replay)

Hey Family,

I pray for discipline as it relates to all areas of our lives.

Recently a sister asked me “What is one thing that you still struggle with?” It really didn’t take much thought to answer that question because this has been a long time struggle for me. It’s a struggle that in order to conquer requires discipline and newly formed habits. Well, actually most struggles require the same methods to defeat them. Anyway, I was honest in my response and I told her that I struggle with emotional eating. Truth to be told, I think this emotional eating thing is a family curse and from my observations it has affected at least four generations. However, I boldly declare that it will no longer be in counting!

They say the first step is admitting you have a problem. I have a guy friend who will proudly admit that he too is an emotional eater. In fact, he goes on to say, “I eat when I’m happy. I eat when I’m sad. I eat when I’m bored. I eat when I’m mad.” I have a few other friends who may not admit to being emotional eaters, but they will certainly admit that they can eat the roof off of a candy house! I mean let’s keep it real, food is good but all food ain’t good for us. Especially when we overindulge!

I’m personally praying for strength to defeat the Munchie Man that lives inside my stomach. I’m praying for the will-power to run away from the refrigerator, out the door, and down the street to the local track! I’m praying that the Lord will not only help me with my physical eating habits but also my spiritual consumption. In fact, Lord please teach me how to pass up a honey bun and grab hold of your word, because “how sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!” (Psalms 119:103). Family, please stand in agreement with me, at least 5 feet away from the refrigerator that I will take heed to the need to always feed my spirit and not excessively feed my body!

Loving You Like A Sistah (LYLAS),
Keisha “Kitten” Isaacs
http://www.lylas4life.org/
www.myspace.com/lylas_4_life

P.S.
GOT GOD? If you do not know God on a personal level this prayer can start your walk with him today…….
God, I am a sinner and I know I do not deserve your grace or mercy. Still, I trust you and I believe that you sent your son to earth and that he died and rose again for my sins. I thank you Lord for the personal gift of salvation. Amen.

10 comments:

The Dreamy One said...

you know i used to struggle with that, but i dont anymore. i dont know if i grew out of it or i just picked up another bad habit.

i hope that you overcome it cause i know how hard it is when you struggle with any kind of addiction.

love you hon and praying for you!!! hey and in the process pray for me!!

Jazzy said...

What if it's not emotional eating...and it's just that you truly love food period?

I thought about that as I read this statement, "I eat when I’m happy. I eat when I’m sad. I eat when I’m bored. I eat when I’m mad."...clearly that is someone who simply eats just because.

I struggle with knowing when to say when too, but going to the gym definitely helps. If you've had a great work out, sometimes you REALLY don't want to ruin that hard work by over eating.

nikki said...

yeah, i'm an emotional eater. i do what diva does though...get to the gym. it actually helps me with my emotions and gives me discipline to stay away from the fridge.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

they claim such sister
but we know most dont get on their knees every njight
or cut it off when they leave curch on sunday
hope folks is reading what u putting out

Darius T. Williams said...

LOL - this guy friend? I love it!

LOL @ the munchie man. I like my munchie man - he makes me happy when clouds are gray!

Rich Fitzgerald said...

Hey Sister! (since you always start with Hey Brother!)

I'll be praying with you and for you.

CHA CHA said...

Alright now...I pray that struggle jumps and goes right up out of you...tell it to get behind thee!

Keith said...

Hey Sister, First indentify the emotional need or problem and deal
with that...Through prayer and whatever else you have to do...Then
put yourself on a fitness program of some type...The eating will slowly cut down..I find that if you stay active, you don't think about eating as much. I used to ride my bike and go swimming a lot..That helped me lose about ten to fifteen pounds.. I stopped doing that and the weight came back..My Cardiologist just gave me the same recomendation that I'm giving you..Minus the praying. But
you and I know that the praying comes first, don't we? Then the other stuff... You can do it...Good
luck to you my sister.

Anonymous said...

lol funny!

bdsm animal stories said...

Why are all youguys so crazy about that old hag. She may as well have been.
first masturbation stories
adult erotic masturbation stories
shit eating stories femdom
gay stories
free erotic lesbian sex stories
Why are all youguys so crazy about that old hag. She may as well have been.