Snipets


Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Child of God is Born


Early this morning I had the pleasure of witnessing one of my best friends (my sistah 4 life), Tolanda give birth to a beautiful baby girl. Witnessing this birth was special for several reasons. One being that it is an absolute miracle to see God bring forth a new life. Second, this was the second baby I’ve seen born in less than a year. Thirdly, it was further confirmation that God truly does answer prayers.

Just less than two years ago, my sistah and I prayed together almost daily. We would faithfully stand in agreement with each other as we took our prayer request to the Lord. We both were requesting to grow in Christ, be strong women of God, to become wives, to have a family, to be debt free, and to walk in complete victory. Well, over the past year I have witnessed God answering our prayers, but I have been particularly in awe with the things God has been doing in Tolanda’s life.

In less than a year, Tolanda was reunited with her first love and they got married, they moved into a house in the area she wanted to live in, they have a blended family, and NOW God has given my sistah the daughter that we used to thank him in advance for. God is so good and faithful to his word!

At this time, I am rejoicing in the blessings that are manifesting in my sistah’s life, fully believing that my prayers will be answered as well in due season! Meanwhile, I’ve got another baby to love on and Tee Tee can’t wait to get to know our first official baby girl of LYLAS. We can’t wait to teach Morgan Serenity the word of God and raise her up to be the prayer warrior God has called her to be!

8 comments:

Sexxy Luv said...

Congrats to your sista! :)

Morgan Serenity is such a beautiful name.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

all i could think of were my kids as i read this and i know u are proud hon and u should br

The Flyyest said...

Man god is good!!!!

tell your sista....congrats from anotha sista!!!!

The Dreamy One said...

congrats to your friend

and he does answer our prayers in due time!!!

love you sweets!!!

Jazzy said...

I luv the name Morgan!

Congrats to your friend.

You "scrong" for being there to witness the birth!

Miss Snarky Pants said...

LOL @ opinionated diva's comment!

Congrats to your friend on the birth of her baby girl. It is truly a blessing indeed! :-)

Darius T. Williams said...

Fa sho - this is a good thing indeed!

Anonymous said...

@the flyyest why go is not good to me :(