Snipets


Tuesday, September 30, 2008

TOO many teachers for the Chalkboard

I am writing this post to vent and before I go any further I know that the bible says a fool vents in anger, so I pray right now that instead of foolishly venting, I respectfully and honestly express how I am feeling about class. I am so excited to be in the school of ministry program; I mean words cannot even express the joy I feel about this journey. I am very grateful that some of my family and friends are committed to helping me pay for the program. I am super geeked about learning more about the word of God and growing in my knowledge of Christ. I love the small group setting and the wonderful people I am in class with and I look forward to getting to know each of them better as we experience these next two years of higher learning in Christ together. BUT I am extremely annoyed with the few extra “teachers” in the class. I mean too many teachers with one chalkboard creates too much chaos and my patience at there yet. Plus it takes away from others learning the weekly lessons and preparing for the exams that are to come.

I understand we have questions, but must the teacher be interrupted to get the questions answered? Do you always have to answer your own questions with an answer? Do you have to recite the information in unison with the teacher? Do we have to hear a random thought for over 2 minutes the multiple times that you randomly share them? Perhaps we can organize some study groups and you can even lead those, but can you please let the teacher teach the class? I mean we are paying to learn not to have group bible studies and hear your opinions on every topic. I left class with a headache last night and feeling anxious because we have a midterm next week, but we wasted so much time on matters that were not very pressing to the majority of the group. I just pray for strength because right now I just ain’t able to deal with too many teachers and one chalkboard!!

14 comments:

Jazzy said...

I think you should have a conversation with your teacher.

This is something that your teacher should definitly reign in NOW before it becomes the norm and even more ANNOYING!!

It's not only annoying, but you're also missing out on valuable information you'll be responsible for on those upcoming tests.

Good luck!

12kyle said...

I agree with OD. And you have to remember not to let anybody steal the positive vibe that you have right now

Keisha "Kitten" Isaacs said...

@Diva-I spoke to him after class and he assured me that things would die down soon...I also heard someone else went to him about it...thanks Sistah

@Kyle-Your right the devil is a liar and he won't still my joy about this journey!...thanks Bro

Darius T. Williams said...

LOL - it's the excitement. That's how school is these days. In my accounting class we all think we know accouting better than the teacher...it just so happen that with this class - that's the absolute case!

Miss Snarky Pants said...

Reading this, I can certainly understand your frustration.

I think Opinionated Diva's advice is on point...

Stay up girlfriend...This too shall pass. :-)

ruthibel said...

Annoying know-it-all classmates *groan* oh lawd I cant stand em either.

I mean, why bother to ask the damn question if you already know the answer? Better yet, why come to class if you already know everything?

*sigh* I know what you mean...

Mizrepresent said...

Gurl, just hang in there...i hear you and feel you. But you are there for a reason, nobody knows your reason but you, so get out of it what you can and keep sharing. keep sharing, because we need to hear it!

The Dreamy One said...

just try to think positive and hang in there.

things will start to look up in a little while mami!!!

love ya sweets, you know I do!!!

Keisha "Kitten" Isaacs said...

@Darius-I hope it's just excitment, but I heard it's typical for one of the "teachers"

@Ms Behaving-Thanks my sistah!

@Ruthibelle-Sighing with you!

@MizRepresent-Your right sistah...there's a reason and I promise to keep sharing as long as God allows me...I pray it's til the day I take my last breath...and I further pray..that's a long..long...long..time from now..lol

@Dreamy One-You're right changing my mind to positive thoughts will help with the situation.

Keith said...

I understand your frustration, but just hang in there..it'll straighten itself out.The First few days of a lot of classes are hectic and full of these little "extras", but it eventually gets better as well as more organized.

One Man’s Opinion said...

I can see how that would be a problem and annoy....That has to be the thing about teaching the ninistry. Everyone has an opinion about scriptures, because it can be so open for anyone's point of view.

Ticia said...

Hey Keish -
Girl... I know that can be frustrating.. folks just don't know how to listen and shut up -

I am sorry Keisha - I know your pain!

Dope Fiend said...

LOL! I'm bad for saying it, but some Christians can be big fat BIGOTS! It is their mission in life to heavily impose on us their beliefs on what the Bible is saying and how the Lord expects us all to live. These people in your class sound like the kind of people that whilst also enjoying the sound of their own voice, also believe they have learned all there is to learn about the word, they believe what they know and have "self taught" them selves...is THE WORD!

Prey the Lord keeps your blood from boiling, trust me Jesus will let these people know that they are hindering people from their learning and are also being an unsuspecting vessel for Satan.

Ok...need to stop before i turn into my mother.

x nice blog btw

Anonymous said...

Hi there, this weekend is nice designed for me, for the reason that this time i am reading this enormous educational post here at my home. [url=http://profvesti.ru/o-stroitelstve/55-stroitelstvo-iz-kirpicha.html]ремонт квартир в санкт петербурге[/url]