Snipets


Thursday, September 11, 2008

Certified Honest Blogger: And the award goes to....


I was awarded the Certified Honest Blogger Award by my lil blog sistah the flyyest ….

Here are the rules to follow:
1.) When you receive the prize you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back 2.) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs (or even more) that you find brilliant in their content or design.3.) Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘Honest Weblog’ 4.) Show a picture of those who awarded you and those you give the prize (optional).5.) And then we pass it on!
10 totally honest things about me:


TEN: I was a lustful being for over 30 years of my life and now I am practicing celibacy until I get married. I have fallen many times but my desire to please God outweighs my desire to please my sexual cravings, so I get back up again and pray for strength to stay standing. Lord, please continue to keep my on this celibacy path so that I can be pure for my future husband on our honeymoon.

NINE: I believe that the man who will win my heart will be one who speaks the word of God to me. I used to love hazel eyes, muscles, and strong legs. Now I find myself attracted to men who have their eyes on Jesus, are secure and strong in Christ, and stand on faith. Lord, I trust that you will grant me the desires of my heart for it is your will for me to have a husband who follows your commands and loves me like Christ loves the church.

EIGHT: I used to be very insecure about my weight. I still have my days here and there, but I know I am beautiful inside and out. I also, know that I can lose weight with discipline and better eating and exercise habits. Lord, please teach me to be disciplined so that I will honor you with my temple and live a long and healthy life.

SEVEN: There is an old lady who lives inside of me. I love playing old ladies and even when I’m not acting she comes out of me. Some of my friends and even the teens I work with think of me as the grandma. Lord, thank you for wisdom beyond my age. I also thank you in advance that I will one day be a biological grandmother to many children.

SIX: I purposely don’t have a favorite bloggers list posted on my page, because I want everyone who stops by my blog to know they are favored by me, but most importantly by God. I use bloglines.com to keep up with my blog family’s latest posts. Lord, please bless everyone of my brothers and sisters who have stopped by my blog in the past, who still stop by, and even those who have yet to run across Ink on the Sheets.

FIVE: I am a member of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. and I was the captain of my line back in 1993. As much as I love my sorors I rarely go to any group functions, because I’m an “old lady”. However, whenever I do go out I’m always so happy to be apart of such a fine group of women. Also, I don’t get into debates with other women who belong to Alpha Kappa Alpha, Delta Sigma Theta, or Zeta Phi Beta because I feel we are all equally blessed to have a sisterhood that was designed just for us. I got love for any sistah rather she’s apart of my organization or not. I feel pink and green, red and white, and blue and white are just as lovely together as my sorority colors of blue and gold. Lord, please continue to grow each and every one of the 4 sororities that I just named. Lead women with serving hearts to each of those organizations so that the legacy may live on.

FOUR: Speaking of red, I truly think I’m cute when I have on red. If don’t nobody else tell me, I’ll look in the mirror and say “your pretty in red”. I never really had a favorite color, but red has become one of them since it reminds me of the blood of Jesus. God thank you so much for loving the world that you gave your only begotten son, so that whoever believes in him would not perish but have eternal life.

THREE: I keep joking about ending up with a “Christian Puerto Rican husband” especially since I now go to a church that is 65% Puerto Rican. Truth of the matter is my first crush in grammar school was a Puerto Rican and I never forgot about that boy. People think I’m Spanish half the time anyway, so it’ll work! God I am open to whoever you have for me. Please help me to receive him in whatever package you send him to me in. I trust you with my heart and I lean not on my own understanding.

TWO: I’m mixed with shy, out-going, and silly. That’s a strange combination, but I can be very shy until I know someone and then my outgoing and silly sides come out. However, there are times where I can be very out-going and a person would swear on a stack of bibles that I’m lying about having a shy side. God let me always be comfortable in the skin I am in and let me represent you with boldness.

ONE:
I love God very much. I’m like crazy in love with him. I don’t even understand how I spent so many years not open to his presence, voice, guidance and love. It’s my love for God that is making me be a better me each day. I strive to make my Daddy God proud of me and when I mess up I appreciate his loving discipline. He is my everything and if I had nothing I’d be complete just knowing that He loves me unconditionally and that he always wants what is best for me. God, thank you so much for being my everything and for always forgiving me and guiding me. You are truly awesome and I adore you more than words can express, so please continue to teach me to let my actions speak louder than words.

14 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

we all fall
its what we do to get up that defines our faith
and i could never imagine u shy

CONGRATS - well deserved

The Flyyest said...

thanx for accepting your award~!! lol

thats very interesting that you dont have a fav blogger list cuz you want everyone to know they are favored... I LOVES THAT!!!!!!!!

Jazzy said...

wow...so revealing!!! And I loved the prayer at the end of each item...so personal.

Number 5 is my fave!!

Eb the Celeb said...

thing honest blogger award thingy is making the blogs rounds

Anonymous said...

You brought it with this tag Kitten. # 4 is so you... loving red, as it reminds you of the blood of Jesus. I can really dig that.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Good Stuff Ms. Kitty!

Miss Mika said...

Awww @ you not having a favorite blogger list on purpose because you want everyone who stops by to feel favored. Now I feel bad!! But that in incredibly sweet.

LOL @ your husband being a Christian Puerto Rican. I've heard you say that a time or two.

Miss Snarky Pants said...

:-) What a fantastic post...I love everyone of your answers!!

ruthibel said...

Number 1 is nice! Amen, amen, amen!

Sandy said...

thanks for sharing lady! I feel you. fo sho fo sho... haven't stopped by in a minute hope all is well with you. love the new pic. you so cute :)

Darius T. Williams said...

Listen - I'mma need you to work on that background when you come back from the retreat...mkay? That red background and them blue words just gave me a headache.

Great post - you and this puerto rican husband. You know he ain't gonna let u name your son what you wanna name him, right? His name will be Pablo - Antonio - or Juan. You ready for Juan?

Mizrepresent said...

You are such an inspiration...I loved it!

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

I think you are amazing! And I think red is a great color on everybody...but then again I am a Delta...LOL!

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I think this is among the most important information for me.
And i am glad reading your article. But should remark on few general things, The web site style is great, the articles is really great : D.
Good job, cheers

My web-site :: weight loss clinic