Snipets


Tuesday, September 9, 2008

SAY IT AGAIN SISTAH KITTEN (textscriptz instant replay)

I pray Jesus fills your mind and soul today and everyday.

I remember back in the day my friends and I would love to play games, particularly games that required someone chasing the rest of the group. We would all bunch up together and put our feet in the inner circle while one person would do a clever rhyme to eliminate everyone. The purpose of the clever rhyme was to randomly choose the one who would be “it” which was always the last one standing. I can recall that the person responsible for eliminating the players from the circle would always find a way to ensure that they were not the last man standing. Well, at least I can recall that I rarely ended up being “it” when I was the “clever rhymer”. Anyway, games were fun back in those days, but life is real and I’m too old to still be playing “It”!

Sometimes in our immature or vulnerable state of mind, the devil chooses us to play games with. As the master manipulator of the mind, he takes any and all opportunities to keep us from maturing in Christ. That lying devil will trick us into believing that happiness remains on the playground that we once ran on. You know, the place where we would fornicate, lie, steal, cuss, fight, cheat; where we would down right fulfill our earthly nature. See he doesn’t want us to grow up, and realize that playing with him keeps us from truly living a liberated and abundant life.

Mr. Manipulator desires to eliminate us from the kingdom of God by reciting clever rhymes in our minds and unfruitful memories. However, family if we keep our minds focused on Jesus, the devil cannot make it his play yard. So therefore, “set your minds on things above, not on earthly things” (Colossians 3:2). Let’s stop looking over the fence and keep looking up to the sky. Instead of chasing the group let’s chase Jesus, because IT gets no better than Him!

Loving You Like A Sistah (LYLAS),
Keisha “Kitten” Isaacs
http://www.lylas4life.org/
http://www.myspace.com/lylas_4_life/


P.S.
GOT GOD? If you do not know God on a personal level this prayer can start your walk with him today…….
God, I am a sinner and I know I do not deserve your grace or mercy. Still, I trust you and I believe that you sent your son to earth and that he died and rose again for my sins. I thank you Lord for the personal gift of salvation. Amen.

10 comments:

Keith said...

Bravo..Bravo....Love you like a sister too...Thank you for that..
That was my inspiration for today..
you can't possibly know how on time
your words are for me today..I can't thank you enough.

(Loving the new template and your new photo too.)

The Dreamy One said...

hey mami, great post and all the things that you say rang true for alot of us.

but i am trying to get it together!! great post sweets!!

PCD (Pretty Circle Drawer) said...

what a great encouraging word. it can be easy to fall to the negative that comes our way.

p.s. LOVIN the new pic!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

the devil is hard a work, especially among the week, thoes with out faith and love of self

you need a church or talk show

Anonymous said...

Amen Sis :-) Thanks for the soul food this morning.

Trina said...

Good word!! I think ur new look is a-mazing and luvin the overall vibe - thnx for keeping the standard HIGH, my sista!!

Sexxy Luv said...

This was right on time when i read it! thank you

Miss Mika said...

Amen sister!

You are speaking the absolute truth.

Great post! Love that prayer at the end. I am going to memorize it and say it everyday!

The Flyyest said...

i need to start saying that prayer EVERYDAY.... you been tagged..check out my post!

12kyle said...

let the church say...

(in unison)

AMEN