Snipets


Thursday, September 25, 2008

SAY IT AGAIN SISTAH KITTEN (textscriptz instant replay)

Praises be to God, I started a 2-year school of ministry program offered through my church last Monday night! I felt like a giddy teenager getting ready for her first date as I prepared for my first day of higher learning in Christ! When I got off of work that day I had 4 hours before I would have to be at school. That being more than enough time since it would have only taken me 30 minutes to get there. Well, I stopped to look at something with my mother and while doing so, I started looking for me as well. I truly believe the problems I encountered on this journey started with this situation. See, God made a way for me to go with my mother, but he certainly did not say “While you’re there Keisha, go ahead and pick one out for you too.” However, my eyes got bigger than my purpose and my flesh slowed me up a bit. Now at this point, I still had 2 hours before class would start, so I headed off to school. Then…I encountered unbelievable traffic. I decide to take a few short cuts that usually work, but to my surprise there was traffic everywhere! See, the storms from the previous weekend became floods that created a whole lot of detours, which ultimately resulted in a major delay for me! I wasted so much time and gas that day because of the detours.

At this point, I am as hurt as that giddy teenager would be if her first date stood her up. Now I’m about to tell you something family, and I pray you won’t tell nobody cause I ain’t no punk. I cried like a baby in the car because it was clear that I would be late for my first day of school. It literally took conversation over the phone with three of my sistah-girls and some prayer to slap me back into reality! Of course, the master manipulator the devil, tried to play on my vulnerability and say “Just give up. You’ll never make it on time. How dare you go to class late!” But the devil would have to get under my feet while I pushed it to the metal, because I had to get my seat in the class God prepared me to be in for a time such as this. After tons of detours, hours wasted, and several suggested routes to take, I ended up calling another friend who sent me back the way I started to hop on the expressway.

Thank you Jesus because although I was 2 ½ hours late for class, he did not allow me to give up and I made it!!!! Even though I didn’t get the seat I would have grabbed in the front of the class, my spot is secure and I’ll be back ON TIME this week! I know you might be thinking what if another detour happens, well I’ve already said this to God “Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long” (Psalms 25:4-5). Which basically translates to “Lawd, who is my Savior, will you please tell me which street to take so that I can get to class on time to dig deeper into your word? Amen!

Here’s the lesson I learned while in that car fighting to get to school.
1. Stay on the course that God has placed you on.
2. The easy way isn’t always the best way.
3. When detours come your way don’t give up.
4. Pray for new direction.
5. Sometimes you have to go opposite of everyone else to get to your destiny.
6. God will always put you back on the right path if you seek him.

Loving You Like A Sistah (LYLAS),
Keisha “Kitten” Isaacs
http://www.lylas4life.org/

8 comments:

The Dreamy One said...

ohhhh how i so feel you on this!!

happy that you didnt turn around and just give up!!

thanks for this message Keisha!!

Keith said...

"Somebody's Got to Win, it might as well be you." -Pete Wilkins
1917-1973, My Uncle.. Let God make you a winner..If somebody has to win between you and the Devil, then it might as well be you sister. If we kneel before God, we never have to bow to defeat of any kind..Always Remember that.You might as well be victorious!!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

gotta beat down the devil jones

Ticia said...

Hey Keisha -I am so proud of you... I am very excited about the journey you are on.....

Please don't leave out any details!!

Anonymous said...

feeling this one....nice blog



first time here

Muze said...

i'm glad you finally made it.

i'm sure it will go more smoothly next week!

and the good thing is... you took a lesson from it. i need to be more like you.

hope all is well hun.

Anonymous said...

It would have been so easy for you to just give up and go back home. You didn't, though. And whether you were 15 minutes or 3 hours late, you still put forth the effort to show up.

#6 Amen indeed!

Brian said...

Really helpful information, lots of thanks for your post.
Victoria flights | Antarctica weather | shit sex