Snipets


Thursday, September 18, 2008

SAY IT AGAIN SISTAH KITTEN (textscriptz instant replay)

Hello Victorious One,

The other day my sistah-girl called me to pick up my nephew from daycare because she had overslept. I certainly had no problem with that because I love being around that little boy and teaching him to call on the name of Jesus. It’s so funny, because he knows how to say, “thank you Jesus” and he’s just turning two today. Anyway, while we waited for his mom to meet us outside my class, I decided to get him a snack. In order to do so I had to turn my car upside down to shake a few coins out of it. I was able to find about 2 quarters, 1 nickel, and 3 pennies. We both walked to the store excited that we’d be able to get some “chips” as he would say. However, to my disappointment the potato chips I’ve known to be 25₵ for as long as I could remember were now 35₵ or 3 for $1.00.

This discovery wasn’t adding up for me and I had to sacrifice my chips to ensure that my nephew got his chips. I left out of the store thinking, “wow, times are hard when you can’t get 2 bags of 25₵ chips because the price has went up and your 50 cents just won’t do anymore!” Well, family has to share so I taught my nephew that lesson as we sat and ate the bag of chips together and recited, “thank you Jesus” and “Sonto” which is praise God in Spanish.

Later that evening when I was leaving class, I looked at my gas tank and noticed that it was quickly approaching “E” and that I was not as close to home as I would like to be in that situation. Right then, I got a call from another sistah-girl who wanted me to meet her for dinner near my home. I let her know my funds were low, and she basically said “come and let us break bread.” As I was parking I got this joy inside of me and I spoke out loud to myself, “My funds may be low, my gas tank might be on empty, payday might be a few days ahead, but I’m riding full of faith!” Once I met up with my sistah-girl, I shared that with her and even told her that I was expecting a financial blessing the next day because I know God is my provider. Sure enough I got text in the morning from another sistah-girl saying that she was putting $40 in my bank account. I wish my nephew was here with me right now so we could say in unison, “thank you Jesus!” because she only owed my $10.

Family, I know the economy can make us nervous, and that having a pocket full of lint, zero dollars in our checking accounts, and an empty tank of gas can make us worried, however, as believers, “we live by faith, not by sight.” (2 Corinthians 5:7). Let that fear turn to joy and ride knowing that God shall provide. Can I get you to say, “thank you Jesus,” since my nephew isn’t here to say it with me? We might as well praise God in advance for financial blessings since we stand in faith knowing and believing that it is coming.

Loving You Like A Sistah (LYLAS),
Keisha “Kitten” Isaacs
www.lylas4life.org
www.myspace.com/lylas_4_life
P.S.
GOT GOD? If you do not know God on a personal level this prayer can start your walk with him today…….
God, I am a sinner and I know I do not deserve your grace or mercy. Still, I trust you and I believe that you sent your son to earth and that he died and rose again for my sins. I thank you Lord for the personal gift of salvation. Amen.

3 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

only if other knew the sacrifice parents like me make for our children


have a great weekend jones

Jazzy said...

twenty-five cent bags of chips??? i haven't seen those since i was in my teens - you wont find those here!

I love that you got little man saying the right stuff at such an early age and that you're teaching him life's everyday lessons in subtle ways.

Enjoy your weekend!

Dione said...

Faith. It's powerful. If only we carried Faith FAITHFULLY, we'd be alright.
Saying it for your nephew...
"Thank you JESUS!"