Snipets


Thursday, August 14, 2008

SAY IT AGAIN SISTAH KITTEN (textscriptz instant replay)

God used me to write this textscriptz on January 8, 2007. I pray that as I replay this message today, it will be as impactful as it was when it was originally written. God bless you.

There is a saying, “if you keep doing what you’ve been doing, you will keep getting what you’ve been getting.” In other words, the same actions equal to the same results. Now I don’t know about you, but I have been guilty of going in the same circle many times in my 32 years of life. On many occasions I have been too lost to comprehend the math; making 1 + 1 the wrong equation. The funny thing is one would think that I would have life to a science as many times as I have been tripped up by mistakes, people, and been hurt. I should have a doctorate in “Lifeology” with an emphasis in errors made.

The Webster’s dictionary defines wisdom as accumulated learning or good sense. I have a spoken word piece that is called F.U.L.L. and the moral of the story is that I finally understand life’s lessons so I am full. I wrote that piece before I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior, so in reality I had no clue what life’s lessons meant at that time because the bible says, “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom” (Proverbs 9:10a). In essence, it was at the age of 30, that I actually enrolled in the school of wisdom, because it was at that time that I began to fear the Lord and want to follow his commands. Prior to being saved I was simply studying from the school of hard knocks. I have come to realize that it is only through God’s word that I can begin to truly understand life’s lessons. It is only through prayer and obedience that I can truly say that wisdom lives in me.

Friend, I encourage us to study God’s word diligently to avoid making the same mistakes over and over. Let us seek wisdom from our Maker while we accumulate knowledge from the Bible, which is the manual of life.

Loving You Like a Sistah (LYLAS),
Keisha “Kitten” Isaacs
www.lylas4life.org

12 comments:

Mizrepresent said...

Amen lady, i can testify and give true testimony to all that you have said. Circles, have been my life, but i no longer want to ride that way, getting off the "tilt-ta-world"...and gravitating every day, more and more to God's word, and his way for me.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

i hope to be wise one day

Keith said...

I have certainly been guilty lately of doing the same thing and getting the same results with people. It seems that I never learn. I let sentiment pull me down everytime. I pray fro grace and understanding. Enlightenment so to speak.

The Dreamy One said...

mami I so feel u on this! I have tried so hard not to go back in that vicious circle again! I'm finally trying to get wise with the errors of my ways and do the right things!

God has his hand over my life and when I don't do it his way he makes me suffer the consequences of my actions!

Thanks mami, and have a wonderful weekend!

LadyLee said...

This post here makes me want to write down the things that I've been inconsistent with and struggling with and come up with a plan to change them. Thanks for this post! I'm doing that this weekend!

LadyLee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darius T. Williams said...

Replaying, huh? We want original stuff - okay! Love you...

Sexxy Luv said...

I have to stop making excuses, and find a church home cause i feel as if i don't know 1+1=2!

Amen sista, thanks for sharing!

ruthibel said...

Inspiring post

Trina said...

This a process and true pursuit of discipline, which is why we who strive this way are sometimes called Jesus' disciples...I honestly agree that grasping how the fear (or reverent respect) of the Lord changes EVERYTHING is such a mind-blowing thing - thank u for sharing this!

Tobias said...

Thanks so much for your article, very effective piece of writing.
realistic dildo | flowy dresses | administrator password

Andrew said...

On my part Check this site because this is the resource having very precious things to examine.Many thanks for post.
6 | 2 | 3