Snipets


Wednesday, August 6, 2008

SAY IT AGAIN SISTAH KITTEN (textscriptz instant replay)

My blog brother 12Kyle http://the12planet.blogspot.com/ did a post about his son being excited about returning to school and I was reminded of this textscriptz I wrote on November 6, 2006. I hope you enjoy the instant replay. Peace & Blessings

As a young girl, the night before returning to school from summer or Christmas break was restless for a lack of better words. I would toss and turn until I was eventually wide awake. I never really figured out why this happened every year, because Lord knows I was not excited about wearing those ugly husky corduroy pants my mother ordered from J.C. Penney's for my winter wardrobe. And I most definitely was not excited about the turtle neck shirts to match. However, for some strange reason I was always so anxious for the first day of school. But anyway, what ever the reason was; it could never outweigh the anxiety that can come with being a grown up with bills to pay, children to raise, and a household to maintain.

Now by definition, anxious means earnestly wishing or uneasy, perhaps as a kid I was earnestly wishing I didn't have to wear those corduroys so I wouldn't look like the chunky kid in the colorful corduroys and the tight turtle neck! As a grown up I can find myself earnestly wishing my income was higher, my rent was lower, my car note was finish, my student loans didn't exist, my uilities were paid in full, and my food was plentiful. As a single sister over 30 I might even find myself anxious about "finding" a husband and no longer being the head of household. Can I get a witness?

Thank God the Lord is near and that rejoicing in him helps me to be easy instead of uneasy. My friend, today I encourage you by saying, "Do no be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God" (Philippians 4:6). If it's a better job you need, more money you want, a husband/wife you desire, children you wish to have, or a peace of mind you strive for just turn it over to God. Then watch the peace of God transcend all understanding. We have nothing to be anxious about because our Heavenly Father provides all and truth be told his grace if sufficent.

Loving You Like A Sistah (LYLAS)

13 comments:

Trina said...

I like that! I remember those ugly corduroy pants, too...walking to 107th & Morgan - Mt. Vernon Elementary -

Rich Fitzgerald said...

Ok, so why was this a confirmation of what I was praying about this morning. I'm so used to trying to make things happen that I'm always anxious. So thanks for seconding the motion for me to just chill and watch the ice break.

LadyLee said...

LOL @ the corduroy pants. Why did we have to wear those darn pants!? I had a pair of hunter green ones that I REALLY hated.

This was a great post. Thanks for reposting it. I needed it.

Miss Mika said...

Great post sis!! Certainly a testiment in things coming in God's time, not necessarily our time, but the right time.

There you go again, writing as if you could see what I was going through. ESP at its finest.

12kyle said...

glad that i was able to serve as the inspiration.

i kinda wish we had a picture of you in those pants. lol

*raising hand*
i am guilty of being impatient. i'm praying now for the blessing that is destined to come to me. i'm learning to wait for it and not to look for it every minute

Keisha "Kitten" Isaacs said...

@Trina-Why did our parents make us where those things??? I was set up to be called named in that outfit....lol

@Rich-Glad God used me to talk to you Bro!

@Ladylee-I had a green pair...that's what I remember those ulgy green corduroy pants!

@Sistah Mika-Thanks Sis....so glad uses your Sistah in Chicago to speak a word to you....I'm happy glad that I can bless you as you bless me.

@12Kyle-I'm raising my hand too Bro! God ain't done with us yet....

Sandy said...

thanks for the encouragment lady. this was a nice reminder...

The Dreamy One said...

i feel you mami, i have been anxious because I feel alone or lonely

i was just praying to God to send me someone who can keep me coming

i feel like besides you guys and family, i dont have any real friends....

so i gave it to him.... i know he will bless me!!

Thanks Keisha....

One more thing mami.....do you be reading my mind??lol

Queen of My Castle said...

I second Rich. I am in the same boat right now. I guess I just need to chill...and allow HIM

OMG! I sooooo wore those same outfits from Penney's! LOL

Miss Snarky Pants said...

UGHH @ the thought of those cords and turtle necks.
Thanks to my mom, I stay far far away from both! LOL

Love your posts...[They are always so inspirational] :-).

Hope you have a fantastic weekend!!!!

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

You already know how much I liked this! I believe as you believe.

You are inspiring!

Mizrepresent said...

Amen girl, so true, so true...ask and he shall give.

Elwin said...

For my part every person ought to go through it.
clearance sale of Ami Dans La Rue | Apparel | shop on clearance sale of Keychains