Snipets


Sunday, August 3, 2008

My First Instinct!!!!

Who knew that contemplating upgrading my cell phone would teach me a life lesson that I would never forget. In an attempt to keep me as a customer my cellular company offered me more than half off for a new and exciting phone that has recently hit the market called the ‘Instinct’. I actually did research on the phone that included online searches, surveying via blog, and a personal customer review from my very own version of Google. That would be my younger cousin who gives me information as needed, I call her Moogle! Anyway, I found that the new phone would be an awesome addition to my many gadgets, but it really wasn’t conducive to my ministry and business needs. Therefore, I started looking at another option called the ‘Curve’ which I had played around with before and actually thought about getting. I contacted my cellular company and they were more than willing to honor the deal even if I went with the second choice.

Well, in the midst of my obsessive researching I neglected to consult with one very important person, the Lord. After days of driving myself crazy about which phone I would get and hearing various opinions on which phone would be a better fit, I finally realized that I was in a world of confusion over a PHONE for heaven sakes. Now keeping it real, deep down inside something initially told me that I shouldn’t get either phone, because I didn’t need it. However, you know how we do when we want something we don’t need. We attempt to drown out that voice telling us what is contrary to our desires and then often seem to find ourselves in a state of confusion because we didn’t listen to that voice. Finally, a word from the Holy Spirit “slapped me to my senses” by reminding me that God is not the author of confusion. Then I was reminded that I should be in the habit of praying about everything and all things. Therefore, I picked up the proverbial phone and called the Lord to give me clarity around this confusing phone situation. For he says, “call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know” (Jeremiah 33:3).

Well, within minutes I was given the answer that taught me both a life lesson and gave me instant peace. God said “Keisha, go with your first Instinct and Curve your appetite to spend unnecessarily.” I couldn’t do nothing but laugh because God also has a sense of humor! Immediately after those words came to me, the little kid in me that loves toys that come in the form of gadgets had to suck it up and be satisfied with the phone I currently have. See the Lord had answered the phone and I heard his voice. The lesson I learned was call on Jesus, call on his name for all things both big and small!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR FEEDBACK ON THE PREVIOUS POST.....PERHAPS IT WILL COME IN HANDLE IN THE FUTURE...BUT FOR NOW I"ll BE USING MY TREO 755p

17 comments:

Dione said...

We are addicted to these little rugrats aren't we? :-) I know how you feel. When you want a new phone, nothing seems to quiet that little urge. Thanksfully, GOD has a quick fingers and he sent you a text message from his SMARTphone! I've been carrying my 8125 for almost a year now and I'm beginning to feel the itch for a new one but I'm going to resist the temptation because that's exactly what it is... TEMPTATION and HE will deliver me from it!

The Dreamy One said...

mami, happy that you listened to God to lead you to the right decision on what you should do

you know he wont steer us wrong

and i hope that had a wonderful weekend

love ya big sis

12kyle said...

the answer came to you. you looked in the right place

Miss Mika said...

I am in DIRE need of a new phone... and it isn't a situation where I don't need it but I think I do, I have had this phone for almost 2 years, and like Carrie Bradshaw, this thing is taped up every which way so that I can use it. I took have been eyeballing the BB Curve... that is a bad bad phone. But I am going to wait until Sept when my upgrade kicks in. I am glad that you didn't waste unnecessarily and that you were able to open your ears to what God was telling you.

The Flyyest said...

i got your email...

Keisha go with your first instinct and curve your appetite to spend unnecessarily!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!!

that is the right way to look....man i cant wait til i start to hear it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dang girl... you spoke to me on this one.

"The lesson I learned was call on Jesus, call on his name for all things both big and small!"

This is so true!!! We all need this reminder here and there. I definitely do... and it always comes at the right time. Great post Keisha!!!

Eb the Celeb said...

OK so I really need to start looking to God for more... I have looked to him for an answer when choosing a cell phone but that alone made me realize I need to come to him more and make him apart of my everyday routine... I know that's not how you meant it to come across but that's what I got from it so thanks!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

between africa and the stes i went through 3 palms from 2001 to 2004 not sturdy for me

Mizrepresent said...

You are so right, when you call, and he answers, he will indeed deliver you! Preach girl! You are such an inspiration to me!

Ticia said...

Girl... I understand... I get caught up in things... getting a plan going ... and then what..

I have to remember.. to seek the Lord in all things....

I am happy you had your moment of clarity

Jazzy said...

Glad you listened to your inner voice!!

That blackberry bold is calllllllin me mayne!

LadyLee said...

You just nicely broke down the second sentence of my personal vision in one succinct post. Thanks for that. I'm printing this one out. And glad you listened! We need to do that, in all matters big and small! But it takes practice!

Great post!

Darius T. Williams said...

You do know that Jacob changed God's mind...so did Moses. You know, that Curve is hot - you sure you don't wanna call God up one more time?

PCD (Pretty Circle Drawer) said...

how easy it is to get all flustered over things...glad you pumped your breaks and coasted thru this one

Trina said...

I love how you keep God front and center with everything - we do so easily forget to do that sometimes!

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

You know this post just squashed my new phone appetite...THANK YOU!

You are right, my current phone is perfectly fine.

Miss Snarky Pants said...

Good choice! :-)