Snipets


Thursday, July 3, 2008

SAY IT AGAIN SISTAH KITTEN (textscriptz instant replay)

Friends, I have often found myself wondering why it seems so difficult for many of us to forgive others when they have caused us wrong. In fact, some of us struggle with forgiveness even when the person has validated our hurt and has apologized for their wrong doing. Why is it that we hold grudges and harbor resentment for situations that have long passed?

My dad recently lost one of his sisters and after attending two funerals in one day, he realized that life is too short to be unforgiving. His epiphany is one that often comes with death. We lose a loved one or even hear of the loss of someone else’s loved one and we briefly acknowledge that tomorrow is not promised. We are all humans and therefore we are all sinful beings, so can’t we just show more mercy and learn to forgive others? It’s amazing how we can say and do so much in one day and then ask God to forgive us, which we should do. However, one mistake made by another and we not longer know the word forgiveness. In fact, it completely disappears from our vocabulary.

When I sit back and think about the life I have surrendered to God, I realize that this journey requires me to walk in Faith, Love, and Forgiveness. It is my faith in God that will allow me to love all of his children including those who offend me. It is my faith in God that shall give me the ability to forgive those who curse me, slander my name, disrespect me, and down right insult me. It is my faith in God that will allow me to trust him and not depend on my own comprehension. Therefore, as I seek him daily for forgiveness, let me seek daily to forgive. Jesus has said “For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you” (Matthew 6:14).

Friends, let’s not wait for another death to recognize that life is short and that we have to keep striving to get it right while we are alive. Let us no longer carry that luggage filled with unforgiving hearts on our shoulders into a new day; let us forgive as God forgives us.

12 comments:

Dreamy said...

wow, I feel like God was speaking to me through this post cause I'm that person! I harbor ill will towards people who hurt me ! Keisha if u don't mind I'd really like to use this for a post!

Thanks mami for this cause I really needed this to speak to my heart!

Keisha "Kitten" Isaacs said...

@Dreamy-Spread the WORD my dear!!!! This is a old Textscriptz that the Lord led me back to last night. He is reminding many of us to forgive!

Unknown said...

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

you are fantastic!!!

a kiss for you, my dear friend!

god bless u dear

can we exchange our link

r u ready to do?


hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

você é fantástico!

um beijo para você, meu caro amigo!

Deus te abençoe u Caro

podemos trocar os nossos link

r u disposta a fazer?

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

gotta have faith folk
u be safe this holiday

Rich Fitzgerald said...

I'm forgiving to a fault. Even folks who I should hold a grudge against, I forgive. What I don't understand is the folks who dog you out, you forgive them and they still got nerve to be acting like you did something wrong to them.

Keisha "Kitten" Isaacs said...

@T-Thanks and right back at ya.

@Rich-We'll just keep practicing forgiveness cause it's the right thing to do...and let God deal with those who trespass against us...and then act like we're wrong for calling a spade a spade...

Mizrepresent said...

I so love this post. I have never been the kind to hold grudges, so i am thankful to share this experience of forgiveness with others.

Ticia said...

I agree - I am forgiving...but not forgetting..and I need to work on that -

Darius T. Williams said...

Life is short, forgive someone!

I'm getting a t-shirt made!

Jazzy said...

wow...very inspiriing. As I said at Dreamy's spot...forgiving is easier said than done.

I'm working on it though.

i.can't.complain. said...

yes ma'am

i know ure right.

i can forgive pretty well

its the forgetting that i seem 2 be having trouble with.

but, again... ure right

-1-

Anonymous said...

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Holding grudges takes a lot of energy and retains negativity. Forgiving is tough sometimes if someone has hurt you immensely, but once you forgive, you realize that you have become a person with a good heart, a good soul, and someone that God is smiling upon. It shouldn't take death for us to realize when to heal and move on.