Snipets


Saturday, May 24, 2008

Techno-Blues

Okay so I’m frustrated right now because I got a “new” phone yesterday to replace my older Treo 755p that was having issues. I took the phone to the store last week and while the technician was checking it out I was quietly saying a prayer that I would end up with a new phone. Sure enough they said “Ms. Isaacs we can’t fix it so we’re ordering you another one and you can pick it up next week.” You better believe I did a mental hallelujah praise dance (cause I really only dance in my head) and I verbally thanked the Lord for the hook up.

Anyway, before I went to pick up my phone on Friday morning I synced the information to my computer so that I could just bounce everything back to the new phone when I returned home. I pick up the new phone with a smile on my face, go home, quickly do the bouncing of information and go on with my day. Later I go to make a call and “WHAT THE…….!” the number is missing. I start strolling through the phone book and plenty of random numbers are GONE!!! So I tell myself “it’s okay Keisha, calm down and go check the phone book on the computer.” When I check it, the numbers are missing from there too. How did they disappear? I called one of the missing numbers from the contact list just the night before. So I call my cousin who has the same phone and she tells me to hurry to the store in case they haven’t reset my old phone. I do that and they still have it there. “Thank you Lord!” I say. The technician transfers my phone book to the new phone, but the same contacts are still missing. “WHAT THE…….!”

Some might say it’s no big deal and perhaps loosing numbers isn’t a big deal, but the problem is a lot of those numbers receive weekly scriptures from me through text. They actually look forward to the Monday inspiration and according to many it helps them get through the week. So now I’m hurt, but hopeful that I can get those numbers back somehow. Anyway, I get pass that situation and move on with mild disappointment, but great hope. Then all of a sudden the phone starts cutting on and off….on and off…on and off…on and off. “WHAT THE …..! I take the battery out to do a soft reset and it’s still acting crazy. Even now as I write this post many hours later the phone is still going crazy. “WHAT THE……!”

I’ve had techno-blues a few other times in the past few years with brand new computers, phones, and sound systems. I know it is a trick of the enemy to discourage me because God has assigned me to lead a ministry that uses technology to unite, empower, and uplift sistahs in Christ. But the devil is a liar! I’m headed to the store right now and I’m expecting to leave out of there as a satisfied customer and a highly favored saint. I’ll talk to yall later, the store opens in 30 minutes and Keisha “Kitten” Isaacs will be waiting at the door. Peace out!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea girl... get to the store with the quickness! That phone is possessed! How can I get added to this weekly scripture list?

Thanks for all your positive and uplifting insight on my heathenistic blog... you're greatly appreciated doll!



Kay

Mizrepresent said...

I know i would die if i lost my numbers, because i don't know but a few by heart...note to self, write numbers down, just in case. Hope it works out for you!

Darius T. Williams said...

LOL - I ohpe this all works out - lol.

CHA CHA said...

Girl yeah.. the devil comes in all shapes and sizes...keep your composure and I hope everything works out for you

Eb the Celeb said...

yeah that sync thing always loses a couple of my numbers... and in my blackberry is refuses to tranfer addresses to my new phone... i was like what the heck... but its better than manually adding every new number so I try not to complain