Snipets


Tuesday, May 27, 2008

SAY IT AGAIN SISTAH KITTEN (textscriptz instant replay)

Peace My People,

Greetings from LYLAS 4 Life Ministries, "A modern day ministry, delivering the word of God through technology to unite, empower, and uplift sistahs in Christ." In addition to your weekly TextScriptz, I send you God's love, peace, and blessings. I pray that God will continue to lead you as you lead others.

I’ve heard it said many times that “if you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything.” Constantly being around teenagers reminds me of who I used to be, my growth, who brought me this far, and who will see me through the rest of this journey called life. All of my experiences so far allow me to have a better understanding of those youth that I am blessed to be surrounded by. Now that is not to say that my nerves don’t get worked a time or two by them, but when I look at the big picture I know that I too was once laying in a pit of nothingness until God picked me up and put my feet on solid ground.

Sometimes I look at “my babies” and I see a bit of who I used to be and even the current me in each one of them. I see the stubbornness, the confusion, the low self-esteem, the wanting to be loved, the running from love, the foolishness, the self doubt, the fear, the pain and the potential. I see them beneath that mask that they wear because I too wore a mask once upon a time not so long ago. Then that undeniable motherly instinct in me hurts for them for they know not what they do. Frustration and disappointment naturally come into play and then I start to vent in anger, mentally pack my bags, and feel like calling it quits. Then the Holy Spirit so lovingly reminds me of the Lord and how “He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand” (Psalms 40:2). Therefore, surely he can and will do it for them. In the meantime, I am challenged to stand for what is right, for love, for forgiveness, for truth, and in faith; perhaps I may become the example for them of what God can do when you surrender to Him.

Friends, I pray that you too will be challenged to STAND and be the beacon of hope for those that God has assigned you to. May our light shine for all to see, they are watching.

Loving You Like A Sistah (LYLAS),
Keisha “Kitten” Isaacs
www.lylas4life.org
www.myspace.com/lylas_4_life

P.S.
GOT GOD? If you do not know God on a personal level this prayer can start your walk with him today…….
God, I am a sinner and I know I do not deserve your grace or mercy. Still, I trust you and I believe that you sent your son to earth and that he died and rose again for my sins. I thank you Lord for the personal gift of salvation. Amen.

11 comments:

Mizrepresent said...

Bless you lady, who can say it better.

Ticia said...

Amen!! I have a brother, he is 16.. what a reminder of what and who I was at that time... I try to speak life into him...and stress the importance of choices.....

Nia (Purpose) said...

This post is an affirmation for me on so many levels. Thank you Sis.

I too am reminded of my 14 year-old self and my journeys while I am working with the youth of my church. This season is like no other season with my 25 children but I've been praying and patiently waiting. This post is truly an inspiration.

Jazzy said...

Sounds like your "babies" are really lucky to have you!

Keisha "Kitten" Isaacs said...

@Mzrepresent-Blessing at you as well.

@Ticia-Wonder is that's the reason God puts them in our circle to serve as reminders of what He can do.

@Nia-Praise God for being an on time God! Bless you sistah.

@Opinionated Diva-Thanks so much sistah.

Unknown said...

Hey Luv...Just trust that the seed that you are sowing germinates and know that God will do the watering... You may never witness the transformation, so don't get discouraged, just know that God can and will work it out... It ain't on you... Keep yo' Head Up! :0)

Keisha "Kitten" Isaacs said...

@Tony Oh-True that!...but I gotta STAND to even plant the seed...I know God will water and they will grow and succeed....

Unknown said...

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
What a clever writing style you have. I really like the way you described your not-so-loved items, and the slideshow was brillo. I saw Mud's slideshow yesterday with the spotty tights, and loved that, too.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

its always about the big picture, sorry i aint been around, no pc for 4 days - seems they not 2yrold proof

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Hey Sister,

You are a beacon! Keep doing what you do and that very bright light will illuminate more than just your path!

Tristan said...

Quite worthwhile info, thank you for the article.
retirement cards | cheap flights from Toronto | Vegas dresses