Snipets


Sunday, April 20, 2008

Addictive Nature

I was just thinking about how I have an addictive nature and if I'm not careful it could get me in big trouble spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and/or physically. I'm not sure if all of us have that same nature or if it's just certain people. However, I have known of many people who are addicted to shopping, shoes, money, sex, drugs, alcohol, love, purses, food, and the list could probably go on and on.

As I sit and reflect on this thing caused addiction I can't help but acknowledge that I have flip flopped addictions throughout my lifetime. I have gone from one addiction to another, similiar to the person who gives up cigerettes and then starts eating chocolate. While reflecting, I have to be honest and say my current "flip flop addiction" is food. I'm abstaining from sex and so I tend to eat when lustful desires stand before me and lonely nights.

A few months ago I was becoming addicted to electronic devices and that has faded away. What's the next addiction? I tell you what I hope and pray it's something healthy cause electronic devices is taking money out of my pocket and food is going to make me burst out of my pants!

They say that first step is admitting you have a problem..........okay so what's step two??????
What is it that causes addiction? What causes many to become compulsively and physiologically dependent on something for gratification? Do you have any addictions?

p.s. I enjoy this blogging thing, but I'm working hard not to make it my newest addiction! Hey, maybe step two is to be aware!

11 comments:

Eb the Celeb said...

It is extremely easy to get addicted to blogging so good luck with that one!

deepnthought said...

it sure is easy. blog and blog hop in moderation. lol.

I can so relate to this post. I just made a similar revelation about myself. And I know that addictions run in my family. Good and bad.

Jay said...

I have to agree with the ladies and say that it is very easy to get addicated to blogging.

I love food. I gave up sex and food has been my best friend, damn am I addicted?

Anonymous said...

Herbal refreshment (big time) and blogging. Damn, I wasn't ready to admit that...

Love your blog.

Darius T. Williams said...

Look at you stepping up ur game!

Mizrepresent said...

I ain't gonna lie...blogging is my new addiction...but it's safe.

Ticia said...

Keisha, I feel you - I have a few things to tackle myself -
Its all abt controlling your flesh and dying to your will -

I am really going to work on my "issues" - and pray for conviction in those circumstances!

Anonymous said...

Beware my sistah. Blogging can become quite the addiction. Even now I'm struggling with it. Since you inspired my curiousity and I'm commenting here, it seems that my success is limited! LOL.

What's next in an addiction? Begin recovery!

Thanks for stopping by.

idk... said...

I have a very addictive personality... but I realized that its kind of temporary... I can over overkill something and then I'm done with it and on to the new addiction...

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Forget it. You are already blog addicted. Just like the rest of us...

Phillip said...

To state more, I made a http://bellyfitfast.com since taht's the website having extremely pleasant stuff to pop in.That's very reliable info.
9 | 5 | 3