Snipets


Friday, January 23, 2009

Lions and Tigers and Bears!!!


My girl Jazmine Sullivan sings of not being scared of lions, tigers, and bears but being scared of love…..Listening to that song for the 100th time made me realize that I have some fears of my own. I had to admit that one of my fears is love. Don’t get me wrong, I desire love and I know that love is on it’s way, but I am so guilty of lacing up my shoes and running from love as if it were a lion, tiger, or bear chasing after me.

As I have grown in my relationship with God and my faith in him, I have grown to be open to love. I am learning that if I truly trust God with all of my heart and lean not on my own understanding, my heart is protected by God regardless of the hurt, disappointment, and pain that may come with love. I have come to understand that even when love hurts me, it is building me.

I’ve admitted that love is one of my fears and I’ll admit two more so that they can be acknowledged and prayed over, because there is no fear in Christ Jesus: Never having children is a fear and not living to my full potential is a fear. Do you have any fears?

3 comments:

Jazzy said...

Not having children is definitely a fear of mine. I want them...and clock is ticking yo!...but I don't want to be selfish and have them JUST to satisfy my own maternal yearnings. I have plenty of friends who have children with men that they KNEW weren't going to be good fathers/husbands...that's not for me.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

im only affraid of not being able to provide for my seeds

Kofi Bofah said...

Just floating through blog world to check you out.

I always get excited when I stumble upon Chicago bloggers.