Snipets


Monday, January 12, 2009

Battlefield of the mind: My Confession

I mentioned a while back that I was beginning to become tempted by my past. Since that last letter the “tempter” has come and taken residency in my mind, making it a battlefield in which my flesh and spirit are at constant war. At times I have felt defeated by the enemy as I would daydream thoughts that were by no means pleasing to our Father in heaven. My thoughts drifted to memories and then memories converted into words and those words led to weakness. Although my state of fragility did not cause me to act, I have sinned in my thoughts alone. Therefore, I have repented to God, sought out the prayer warriors to help me fight this battle, and I openly confess to you that I am in warfare.

During our spiritual journey, we have come to learn that temptation comes in many ways. We as humans can be tempted by food, men, women, drugs, alcohol, money, and material things just to name a few. The enemy is very crafty and in his attempts to kill, steal, and destroy us, he combats strategically and unfairly. His aim is to win our souls back and get the victory that in our lives.

After prayer, repentance, and more prayer, I was led to the 4th chapter of the book of Matthew, in which Jesus was led by the Spirit to the desert to be tempted by the devil. It clearly illustrated Satan’s attempts to tempt our Lord. However, the part that stood out the most for me was how Jesus used the power of words to send Satan back to the pit of hell. Jesus said to him, “Away from me Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’” (Matthew 4:10). Reading that scripture helped me understand that temptation shall come but victory is mine if I choose to use the power of words but must importantly THE WORD.

Family, when we are under spiritual attack, which we will experience from time to time. Remember to come to the battle with your sword, which is the word. Family, remember that you have the power to win the battle by telling the devil to flee and putting him back under your feet. We have choices in this life, so will we choose to worship and serve Satan or God. Perhaps, a few years ago I would have taken the easy route and lived in my flesh, but I’ve come too far to go back now…..I choose to worship the Lord our God, and serve him and him only…..so away from me Satan!

7 comments:

THE JODY said...

Hey sista, I am praying for you. Happy new year and stay jazzy!

peace

jody harris

LadyLee said...

This was a timely post. The thing that struck me is when you said "We have choices..."

And the right choice is almost never the popular choice.

But making the right choice, I am learning,is the only way we can grow.

Praying for you to win those battles.

CHA CHA said...

hmmm...so what were you thinking about....LOL, just kidding

Darius T. Williams said...

Hmmm - you know what I say.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

i agree completely folk - the choice is ours

Rich Fitzgerald said...

I'll be lifting you up sister. Stay in that word! Resist the devil and he will flee.

Kofi Bofah said...

The standard cliche - Keep your eyes on the prize...