Snipets


Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Significant Memories for 2008!

As we close out another year, I would like to document 8 things that were significant to me in 2008. This list is not in order of importance however each one of them were very important to my personal and spiritual growth.

1. Being obedient to God and leaving Mars Hill Baptist Church to attend New Life Covenant Ministries on what I call blind and crazy faith.


2. Driving with Jesus on my first solo road trip to visit my family in Missouri. I was so proud of myself because I’ve always been the passenger while my daddy drove that trip. Plus I usually can’t drive an hour without getting sleepy, so 8 hours by myself was a major accomplishment.


3. Being the spiritual coach for my sistah-girl Tolanda as she gave birth to her miracle from God. This strengthened my faith because we spent over a year prior to her getting married and having a baby, praying for our future husbands and children. I witnessed God deliver on His promises to my sistah and I know my turn is next.


4. Enrolling in the School of Ministry at New Life Covenant Ministries. When God sent me to this church he told me his was sending me off to college. I had no idea that he was literally sending me there for school. He orchestrated me getting in the class as well as the class being paid in full for the first year.


5. Becoming a blogger. I have found an avenue that allows me to freely express myself. I can be the silly me, the serious me, the thought-provoking me, and down right real me which includes the God in me. The bonus is that I have met some wonderful people who have become like family to me.


6. Attending “Encounter” which is the first of three women’s retreats through New Life Covenant Ministries. I truly encountered God at this retreat and in fact this is where he met me and told me to leave Mars Hill on faith and head over to New Life Covenant Ministries in Humboldt Park.


7. Writing my first full sermon. God woke me up in the middle of the night to write this sermon and it cannot be shared until the day it was written for comes to pass. Whenever it comes, the message is already written from God through me.


8. Not falling out of my celibacy. It has been and will continue to be a battle of the mind, but my heart is determined to wait on he who WILL BE sent by God to love me like Christ loves the church. MY HUSBAND

7 comments:

LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Hi! {waves}

I just had to stop by and say "Happy New Year"!!

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa


"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland."
~ God
(as recorded in the Book of Isaiah 43:18-19)

Miss Mika said...

You have accomplished some great things in 2008 sis!! I pray that 2009 will be just as blessed and full of accomplishments achieved. God bless you sis!

Darius T. Williams said...

Ahhh - so deep!

Happy New Year!

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Wishing you all the joy and happiness the new year is sure to bring to you!

Rich Fitzgerald said...

happy new u

Ticia said...

Hey girl - I miss you much - I just wanted to say that I am thankful for your text messages -

I pray this year is your best :)

Peace sista!

Jazzy said...

Happy New Year Key!